Friday, January 11, 2008

R.I.P. Hip Hop

I am constantly saddened by the state of Rap/Hip-Hop (I use the slash because i don't know the real difference. Is it that girls can only like hip-hop and not rap? Are the two terms interchangable? Maybe there isnt a difference and the two terms are just to confuse white people). There are a handful of good and great rappers still out there, but all of the "pop" stuff is perplexing. I understand that some songs are huge in clubs and on the dance floor, but bad is still bad. I rate the respect I give to an artist based on my beilief that i could do what they do.

Can I make beats and rap like Kanye? No. Can I rap as well as Nas? No. That is why i give them all the respect in the world. Can I rap better than Soulja Boy? Yea. Im almost positive I can rap better than him. Is he even rapping? He has no delivery, no style to his flow.

Maybe i'm getting older, maybe the music is getting worse.

Any way, here is his new song that caused me to write this diatribe.






Keep it Gully,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment