Monday, January 14, 2008

American Idol



I just read a great article on MSNBC about American Idol. I definitely agree with some of the thoughts. I haven't been a big watcher of American Idol since the first couple seasons. Luckily, I stopped drinking the American Idol kool aid for the past couple of seasons.


Although I do watch the auditions. They are pure comedy. Its not every day you get to see peoples dreams crushed on national TV.


The only part of American Idol I find truly fascinating are the people who don't know they suck at singing. The people who believe with all their heart they are amazing even though they are awful. How does this happen? Are they so self absorbed that they don't listen when people tell them to find another hobby? Are parents afraid to tell their kids they suck? For what ever reason its what makes the auditions great.
OH, YEAAAAH!
-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment