Monday, January 28, 2008

The Black Keys Vs. Danger Mouse

As I posted on here before, The Black Keys are set to release their new album, Attack and Release, in March. The album was produced by Danger Mouse, half of Gnarls Barkley and the genius behind The Grey Album ( The Jay-Z / Beatles Mash-up). I'm pretty optimistic about Danger Mouse producing The Black Keys. The only thing that worries me is the possibility that the Keys will lose their "sound". They have a sort of garage rock/ minimalist sound that I think is dangerous to mess with. If the new album comes out sounding over-produced and to polished I don't know how fans will react to it.

On a Black Keys note:

Josh and I went to The Black Keys concert last summer at the Electric Factory. I normally hate going to concerts because 85% of the people there are extremely wasted, and I'm not a big fan of being around hundreds of drunk ass holes. Mainly for the fact that I'm a retard magnet. (Not literally retards)

(I don't understand the whole getting wasted before a concert deal. I never have. Why would I pay a crap load of money for a ticket so I can get piss drunk before the concert and not really remember how the concert was? When I go to a concert I want to experience and listen to the music. Maybe I'm crazy)

Anyway, at The Black Keys concert I got a seat overlooking the balcony in the 21+ section. It was a good seat but I forgot that I'm a retard magnet and I just sat in the booze area. For half the concert I had some drunk ass "dancing" right next to me, BUT, of course he has a beer in his hand which is just spilling everywhere, including my jeans. Luckily for me about half way through he says "I need to get closer". He then hands me his beer and says "It's all yours bro", and leaves. Gee, thanks douche. Thanks for your warm beer. Not only am I a retard magnet during concerts but I am not a big fan of other peoples DNA. So there was no way I was going to drink this guys beer. (I'm pretty sure Josh did though).




Have Love, Will Travel,

Adam

P.S. Remind me to tell you the story about the retard that made me help 'em crowd surf during a Saves The Day concert. I told you, Retard Magnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment