Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rilo Kiley - Under The Blacklight


Rilo Kiley - Under The Blacklight Released - August 2007 / Warner Bros.



I had no idea what to expect before listening to “Under the Blacklight”. I knew nothing about Rilo Kiley or what kind of music they played. After the first listen I wondered why anyone would subject themselves to this chick singing over boring elevator music.

Well I couldn’t have been more wrong. I gave the album another shot and realized I had made a big mistake. The album was quite complex. The layers were a treat to hear and the music was very melodic and chill. I’m usually a hard sell on chick singers (besides Gwen and Ashlee) but Jenny Lewis definitely won me over.

Rating – 7.5 / 10

Favorite Tracks - "Dejalo", "15", and "Silver Lining"


Keep It Pushin'

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment