Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dance Dance Revolution

My recent dance craze over the past few months has gotten out of control. I've been known to cut a rug or two in my day, so when I hear that infectious beat this boy just gots ta dance! All the regulars have been in heavy rotation on my iPod; Chromeo, Junior Senior, Datarock, Daft Punk. I find myself busting moves down Chestnut street during random flashes of dance brilliance.

I was recently introduced to a few new artists vying for spots on my playlist entitled "Funkadelik Dance Craze Megamix" and I want you to know about. White Williams has been on everyone's radar and will play a Domino Records showcase at SXSW this March. But before they do that, they'll be touring across the U.S. including a February 9th stop at Johnny Brenda's here in illy philly.

Calvin Harris is a U.K. extraordinaire with his infectious 80's synth pop beats and catchy lyrics.


And third but not least, The Mitchell Brothers (produced by Calvin Harris). I haven't decided if I actually like this song called "Michael Jackson", or if I just love the video. Either way, give it a listen.


Check me out showing off my new dance skillz the other day.



You cut me off mid-funk,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment