Monday, January 28, 2008

My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges


My Morning Jacket has announced the title for their upcoming album - Evil Urges. This is the follow up to Z.

A friend of mine had given me It Still Moves, and I fell in love with it. In 2003, when I went to Bonnaroo, My Morning Jacket was playing a small side stage, and I was excited to see them play live. Their set was easily my favorite of all the bands I saw play. They are phenomenal live. I wasn't sure how their sound would transfer to a live show, but any doubts I had were easily put to rest. Although, as good as MMJ played, there was one other thing that caught my attention. The hippie chicks dancing around.

A whole group of them were hippie dancing ( you know, where it looks like there impersonating a tree in the wind) and I noticed they had hairy armpits. Not like Bonnaroo three day stubble but a crazy amount of armpit hair. I know some guys that couldn't even grow this much pit hair. Luckily, MMJ was so good they got me to lose focus, after awhile, on the hairy hippie chicks.

-Adam


P.S. What is the point of growing armpit hair if your a chick? Lets assume they weren't European, there American. Is it just so no one thinks you are a fake hippie? Is this like when gang members tattoo a tear under their eye when they kill someone? Like once you smoke a certain amount of pot and go to a certain number of rallies you grow armpit hair? "Oh, this is my 1,000 doobie! I gotta grow armpit hair now."

No comments:

Post a Comment