Friday, February 8, 2008

Weekend Warriors

I've been holed up in my apartment for the last 5 days in the fetal position, shocked over what took place last Sunday night. This week was a foggy haze of disbelief. Phone calls and text messages asking, "how does 18-1 feel?" and "Eli is God," forced me into acceptance. I'm still a little shaky about venturing out into the wild this weekend; with the fear of becoming violent with more celebratory Giants fans or punishing myself by drinking until I fall onto the bar in a puddle of my own tears. Nonetheless, I'm going to try braving the elements. Here's the best of what's out there.

Friday: Alright Junior is headlining The Fire. Three other bands on the bill, so check out mucho musicas on the cheap. 9p.m.

Join yours truely at North Star Bar and watch The Major Leagues light up the stage. Brown Recluse Sings will also be gracing us with their presence. Show starts at 9p.m. $8.

Saturday: Ummmm...why wouldn't you be at the White Williams all-night dance craze at Johnny Brenda's? I'll be there mingling and jingling. $10.


Sunday: First Unitarian plays host to Liars. I smell a comeback for these guys. $10.

Gettin' tipsy at work,
Josh

1 comment:

  1. had you let someone, say who edits, read what you wrote, you wouldnt have missed " headlinging"

    HA.

    ReplyDelete