Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Song Worth Listening To On An Album Not Worth Buying: The Hives


The Hives are a great band, make no mistake. However, you shouldnt buy this album because 90% of it sounds like every other Hives song you've ever heard. This is why when I heard a couple months ago The Hives had a new album out I didn't even blink. I already have two Hives CD's, I think I get it. But recently I read an article that said they worked with Pharrell (N*E*R*D* & Neptunes) on some songs.

Now I was intrigued! Why had no one told me this before. If you're The Hives, isn't this your main selling point?! How'd this nugget of info slip by me? Why waste the money on a Pharrell track and not pimp the crap out of that fact that you worked with him? Labels.
In short, the Pharrell tracks are really the only ones worth listening too. The best song on the album will be the next single.....

"T.H.E.H.I.V.E.S."

See? It's different! Catchy. Infectious.

Also check out "Well All Right" (produced by Pharrell) and their first single "Tick Tick Boom". If you really want to buy a Hives album go with Veni Vidi Vicious or even Tyrannosaurus Hives, but skip this one

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment