Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Raconteurs: New album coming soon?

The Raconteurs posted a message on their Myspace page that they're finishing up their sophomore album and it will be released ASAP. Nice. I got a chance to see them live when I saw them open for Bob Dylan. If you ever get a chance, see them perform live! They best song they played live was "Store Bought Bones".

On an earlier post, I talk about how I rarely enjoy concerts because I am a "retard magnet" (not like literal retards, I don't need any of that Big Brother drama). No matter what concert I go to the most drunk and/or obnoxious person seems to find me. The Bob Dylan/ Raconteurs concert was no different.

I swear on my life this happened. Sitting behind my friend and I was an Amish guy who was stoned out of his mind and smoking an insane amount of weed the entire time Dylan was playing. Unfortunately, he wasn't a simple, quiet Amish fellow. Once he got stoned he just kept talking and talking and talking.......about the most asinine stuff. He also had diarrhea of the mouth, so it was not stop talking. It was awful. To make matters worse he kept passing the joint to a 300Lbs guy sitting next to me. And because that wouldn't be enough to distract me from the music, I had to sit directly behind the "We are trying to relive our youth, so we are going to be way to into the concert and dance the whole time couple; but we are going to do the over 40 dance which is more like someone having a heart attack in slow motion combined with the Seinfeld "Elaine" dance". Yes, you all know this couple. The ones who refuse to sit down even though everyone else has silently agreed to relax and enjoy the show.

So now I have to try and find a spot to peak past them to see Bob Dylan. Great. The whole concert people were yelling at this couple and I even got some "beer shrapnel" when some one couldn't take it anymore and threw some beer our way. Awesome.

Is it me?

Adam

P.S. Probably

No comments:

Post a Comment