Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fall Out Boy- Beat It

That title can be interpreted a couple different ways, I'm sure. This kid ain't frontin' though. Numerous terrible live performances aside, I'm a fan of these guys. So imagine my excitement when I sit down to my computer and find a link sent to me by a friend of Fall Out Boy covering probably my second favorite King of Pop song ever, "Beat It".
"Wait a second," I say to myself. "Isn't there a guitar solo in 'Beat It'? And aren't Fall Out Boy utterly atrocious with their instruments?" Yes this is true. But add in a dash of my perennial favorite guitar slinging Mofo John Mayer to the mix, and you've got yourself a hit. Trust me, you'll know when Mayer's part kicks in.

Fall Out Boy Featuring John Mayer- Beat It

Playin' with your life this ain't no truth or dare,
-Josh

1 comment: