Friday, February 15, 2008

Really? Wow.

Soulja Boys protege....WHAT! Yes. Let me give you that again. Soulja Boy's protege (nodding in disbelief) V.I.C. has a video.....

Just watch it......

Wow. Who else want's to get silly? I'm in. I have posted many times, on this site, about Soulja Boy being the symbol for all that is wrong in music (Not even just Hip-Hop). I saw an interview with him the other day that went like this.....

Interviewer: What rappers influenced you growing up?

Soulja Boy: 50 Cent.

50 Cent?!!?! He's only been out for 3 minutes longer than you have, Soulja! Damn. He can't even think of one old school cat to give props to and seem like he knows his hip-hop history. You know whats sad, to Soulja Boy 50 Cent is old school. He is only like 17 years old!

Fun Soulja Boy fact: He failed 9th grade twice and then dropped out of high school.

The only thing I can think of are the "suits" who hear this song and go "Awesome", "I smell money!", and "Yahtzee!". Who hears this song and thinks its good? Why are labels putting out this music? I didnt want to blow everyones mind but I know who ruined music. Its not the internet, Myspace,Napster, or anything else people tell you.

Major music labels killed music. They are the ones who don't develop talent, put out garbage no talent acts, and only care about money. You know why people look back at the 60's and 70's as the peak for music? Because everyone cared about music. It stood for something (More than just money) It was a soundtrack, movement, belief......Maybe it was a simplier time? Maybe i'm romanticizing.

A sub-killer of music: the 80's. Yes. It's true. What good music has come after the 80's? Don't worry, I'll wait.


Doing the Superman

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment