Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Writer's Block

Tonight was the night I was supposed to write about a new band. Any new band. I have plenty of them to share and usually can't wait to do so. But as I sat down tonight and pondered which band I should dig out and tell you "YOU MUST HEAR NOW", I got distracted. My mind got thoroughly involved in this article at Hipster Runoff. Probably the single best post anyone has ever made on the state of mainstream/indie music anyone has written. Where we are now, where we need to go, and how we get there. So as I sat there reading and taking it all in, I thought to myself "fuck it". Is it so important that I write about a decent sounding band who has one good song but probably wont have another, who you might read about here but never actually listen to, or maybe you will listen to them just to forget about it ten minutes later when Jersey Shore starts.

So no new music tonight. I'll be back tomorrow with something new, but for the next few hours I'd rather just think about where the future of music is going.

Frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment