Saturday, February 13, 2010

Is Vanilla Ice This Hard Up For Cash?

I'm just gonna come out and say it. This is hard to watch. Like bang my head on the desk repeatedly, pin my eyelids open and torture me to watch bad.

X Factor contestant duo, Jedward, take the stage on the U.K. Show to perform a mashup of, wait for it, Queen's "Under Pressure" and Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby". Who was the genius producer who thought it would be an epic performance to put these two songs together? And look at the 10,000 plus people in this arena cheering. They can't get enough. It's like this dynamic duo is the new Fab Four.

These guys are painful to watch with their out of sync dance moves and offbeat "rapping", but it hits on a whole other level when special guest of the night, Vanilla Ice, rises from below the stage to join Jedward (BTW what kind of name is that?) for the final verse. Is this what you do now, Vanilla? Beg stage clowns to cover your song (which you ripped off in the first place) in a way to accumulate a few royalty pennies while at the same time make a 30 second television show appearance to prove to everyone you're still alive?



The Whipping Post- Where that itty bitty ting makes all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. The out of sync dancing kills me! I would comment on the vocals but I'm at a library computer with no sound...

    ReplyDelete