Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New MIA Song

Last night, MIA twittered (I refuse to say tweeted) a new song along with a short phrase "THERES SPACE FOR OL DAT I SEE". Possible song title? The Sri Lankan artist released the song along with a video (sort of). It's mostly just MIA dancing behind green astral projections.

Musically, the song is more of the same from MIA, not that I'm complaining. The four-minute tune opens with a loud siren, then drops into a slow electro beat as the girl born as Maya Arulpragasam rap/sings, "Gravity is my enemy / Stars that are bright get close to me / There's space for all that I see." No word on if this song will be featured on her upcoming album, which MIA claims will be "really odd" in comparison to her last. If this song is any indication, I don't see her new album being much different than Kala. Just classic MIA.



And just for kicks and wiggles, I rediscovered MGMT's video for "Kids" and forgot how funny it is to laugh at this baby's nightmare world.

No comments:

Post a Comment