Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grammy Wrap-Up

THE CHAMP IS HERE! Notch another one in the win column this year for me against Adam in Grammy Bowl IV. My official record improves to 2-1-1 against my surely depressed opponent. It all came down to Album of the Year at the end of the night. I was shaking in my underwear as I sat on the couch waiting for the name to be called. And as Taylor Swift was called, you would have thought it was me accepting the Grammy. The final tally is below 11-10.

Record of the Year- Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"
Album of the Year- Taylor Swift "Fearless"

Song of the Year- Beyonce "Single Ladies"
Best New Artist- Zac Brown Band
Female Pop Vocal- Beyonce "Halo"

Male Pop Vocal- Jason Mraz "Make It Mine"
Pop Performance Duo/Group- Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling"
Solo Rock Vocal Performance- Bruce Springsteen "Working on a Dream"
Rock Performance Duo/Group- Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"

Hard Rock Performance- AC/DC "War Machine"

Best Rock Song- Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"
Best Rock Album- Green Day "21st Century Breakdown"
Best Alternative Music Album- Phoenix "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix"

Best R&B Song- Beyonce "Single Ladies"
Contemporary R&B Album- Beyonce "I Am...Sasha Fierce"

Rap Solo Performance- Jay-Z "D.O.A."
Best Rap Song- Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye West "Run This Town"

Best Rap Album- Eminem "Relapse"

Best Country Song- Taylor Swift "White Horse"

Best Country Album- Taylor Swift "Fearless"

Song Written for a Motion Picture- A.R. Rahman "Jai Ho"

Best Short Form Music Video- Black Eyed Peas "Boom Boom Pow"

See the complete list of winners here.

No comments:

Post a Comment