Friday, April 16, 2010

Record Store Day!!!!




It's Christmas it's Christmas!

Tomorrow morning indie music lovers will line the streets outside their local independent music store to grab some of the most limited edition vinyl and Cd's out there. Hipsters rejoice! as Record Store Day shines a spotlight on mom and pop shops around the country. Both bands and labels put forth a ton of effort to make this a special day, with hundreds of limited releases available - some a little too limited. Seriously, some releases are 500, 300, even 250 copies to go nationwide? There's no way I'll be able to grab everything on my Christmas list, but here are a few of the ones I'm hoping to grab:

Beastie Boys "Super Surprise" 12"
Coco Rosie "Lemonade"/"Surfer Girl" 7"
Weezer "Ratitude Happy Record Store Day"
White Rabbits/Antlers Daytrotter Sessions 7"
Phoenix "Fences" 12"
Modest Mouse "The Moon and Antarctica" 10th Anniversary LP
The Doors "People Are Strange" 7"
Flaming Lips "Dark Side of the Moon" 12"

Record Store Day 2010 Full Release List

There's no way I'll even be able to pull all of the above off, let alone my entire list. But those are some of the "must haves" in my book. Be sure to check out the full list of releases at the link above and if you're in my area, you'll know where to find me tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment