Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The as-of-now Unnamed Weekly Playlist Brought to You By The Whipping Post

It's a working title.

In the past I've posted monthly playlists that incorporated my favorite tracks of that entire month. The list would always begin with 30 or so tracks that I felt I NEEDED to share with everyone to end the month. Obviously, nobody's going to sit around on my blog listening to 40 songs. People have much better things to do I'm sure. Like watch the grass grow, or learn Chinese Mandarin. It would take a lot of debating each song and sacrificing those that I felt weren't the absolute greatest (even though I felt all needed to be heard). So rather than posting one monthly playlist, I've decided to give you the weekly best. Much easier for me, not having to choose between so many great songs released throughout the entire month, and easier for you, getting to hear that great music the week or day it's released instead of hearing something on the 30th that came out on the 2nd. So without further adoo-do.

The Whipping Post Presents: The as-of-now Unnamed Weekly Best Music Playlist Episode 1.



The Downloads:

1.) Sleigh Bells - "Crown on the Ground"
2.) The Black Keys - "Next Girl"
3.) Leisure - "It's Alright (On The Suez Canal)"
4.) Das Racist - "You Oughta Know"
5.) White Stripes vs. Eurythmics - "Sweet Dreams Are Made of Seven Nation Army"
6.) Harlem - "Someday Soon"
7.) Phantogram - "Mouthful of Diamonds"
8.) Cocorosie - "Lemonade"
9.) B.o.B. - "Don't Break My Heart"
10.) Tegan & Sara - "Alligator" (Toro Y Moi Remix)
11.) Avi Buffalo - "Remember Last Time"

2 comments:

  1. Love love love 'Next Girl.' Also I think that the weekly list should be called 'Smells like NewMusic' asap....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am far from dissapointed. is it sad that i look forward to this?
    :P

    ReplyDelete