Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday night's all right for fighting

So I slacked off all week and didn't get my research done for this weekend. I was too busy getting drunk and reminiscing while watching the Little League World Series. I'm comfortable with who I am. I did however come across a few good shows for tonight. So if you're sitting there thinking what the hell to do tonight, go get your head-nod on at the Khyber for Reef The Lost Cauze . While the song "Sound of Philadelphia" is officially out-dated with references to McNabb and T.O., the song "Just Wanna Know" has some great production and fresh lyrics.

Maybe you're feeling a little more indie this evening. If so, pay a visit to The Fire to see Drink Up Buttercup. "Mr. Pie Eyes" is a little out there to say the least. But if labels can have interest in Black Moth Super Rainbow , why not a band with a song about a Mr. Pie Eyes? I'm not comparing the bands at all. I just wanted to work Black Moth Super Rainbow in there to ask one question; How the hell does a band like that garner so much major label attention? I appreciate it and all, and I believe it's some pretty cool music; but there's no way these guys are ready for anything major.

Anyway, an instrument drive is going on tonight at The Fire, so drop off the acoustic guitar that's been sitting in your closet collecting dust and get into the show for free. I wonder if they consider the spoons and instrument....if so, me and my two tablespoons will be making an appearance. Anything to support the arts.


I obviously have no bands for Sunday yet, since the LLWS is on as I type and I'm officially buzzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment