Saturday, August 4, 2007

My ears hurt....

....in a good way. The Jealousy Curve show last night was nothing short of amazing. Their hour long set felt more like 15 minutes and left fans screaming for "one more song" until the Pub Police drew down the projection screen, informing us to get the hell out. Jealousy Curve has really nailed it with this album and it's not often I say that (maybe twice a year). "Black Widow" is by far their most commercially viable tune, but the entire thing is jam-packed with heavy guitar riffs and impeccable vocals. But back to the show....about 75 people packed the stage area of Grape Street Pub all of them knowing the words and singing along at the top of their lungs. Mike Leavy commanded the stage like a vintage Scott Weiland, even swinging from the rafters and breaking equipment at one point. He's hands-down the best frontman I've seen in Philly. And nailing the ending of "I'm Sorry", which I was previously skeptical of being able to pull it off live, sealed the deal for me. Combined with their previous track records, good work ethic, and this new album, good things will soon be happening with Jealousy Curve. As for me, I'm taking the night off from show-going because I think I'm slightly deaf in my right ear. But come Monday, you should meet me at North Star where The Midway State will be sliding into the early slot for an all-ages show. I remember watching these guys showcase last year and not being totally convinced, but with time it grew on me. "A Million Fireflies" is really strong and could easily be a feature on one of those sappy NBC/ABC dramas. Unfortunately I haven't seen them live since then and this will give me a good opportunity to get reacquainted. $10 gets you in the door to check out Midway State and three other bands and you can but tix at the door or in advance here. Hope to see everyone there!



Oh and just so you can make plans now....I have a KICK ASS band playing the Layfayette Inn (10 miles outside cc) on Germantown Pike next Friday ;) Clear your schedule because you wont want to miss this show!


Time to play a little slap & tickle....

No comments:

Post a Comment