Thursday, August 9, 2007


Distance To Empty has been at the top of my list of bands for a while now. Finally the boys have decided to play the Philly area. Friday night the General Lafayette Inn will be transformed into a rock arena complete with screaming fans, drunken bufoons, and two-step junkies. Distance to Empty's music has that nostalgic Jameroquoi dance feel, yet still know when to turn it up a notch a rock face. "Don't Wait Up" from their Myspace page is a huge step forward in all aspects from the music of their earlier album "Relaxitement". I've had the pleasure of hearing more demos from their upcoming album (which I'm sorry, but can't share with you) and I've been just as pleased. These guys do nothing but tour, record, and repeat. Their work ethic is amazing and that goes a long way in my book. The videos on their Myspace are hilarious by the way and I'm sure they're going to be bad asses to drink with after the show. The guys will be playing with Philly local band Downtown Harvest, who admitingly I have not had the pleasure of seeing live yet. So I guess I'll be popping my Downtown Harvest cherry tomorrow night....what should I wear?

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the mention...perhaps we can invite you to another show now that the cherry has been popped

    ReplyDelete