Thursday, August 16, 2007

An Open Letter to Philebrity...

"The Author [JukeboxHero] is clearly in some kind of cheesy-vs-non-cheesy identity crisis" Philebrity?

OH really? Maybe you haven't noticed, but the entire fucking music buying public and industry as a whole are stuck in an identity crisis at the moment. The fact that you choose cheesy vs non-cheesy to describe it shows how little you know. Perhaps if you spent a year or two actually working in the industry, rather than simply talking about over-hyped bands while giving out no credible criticism for fear of losing whatever fans you may have, shows just how "cheesy" you are.

Those of us who have actual paying jobs in the industry scout a variety of bands. So while you may find me at Grape Street one night scouting Jealousy Curve (not THE Jealousy Curve) and JB's another, it in no way means I'm "trendspotting." It means I'm doing my job. Yes, I have the privileged position of scouting bands and reporting to a label. You may now envy me.

Good Day Sir.


For those of you into trendspotting, I'll be at JB's tomorrow night for The Swimmers and Illuminea. Although The 56 Kid, one half of Tell Me, Bicycle will be playing at Tritone and is also sure to be a decent show. Maybe I'll catch both....only if Philebrity tells me it's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment