Friday, March 5, 2010

Two-A-Days: Lookbook and East Hundred

Without me consciously knowing about it until earlier today, I've become a huge fan of the guy-girl indie pop duo as of late. The Minneapolis duo Lookbook released their debut full-length, Wild At Heart, a few weeks ago FO' FREE (well, pay what you want). Go grab it. High energy synth pop with an 80's heartbreak vibe, it reminds me a lot of The Sounds. Lookbook just wrapped up their latest tour, so you've got some listening time before they come back around!

Lookbook - "Yesterday's Company"


Lookbook - "Over and Over"


Download "Yesterday's Company"

Download "Over and Over"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In keeping with the female fronted theme, I'm just going to come out in say it....I'm in love with East Hundred's Beril Guceri. I still routinely play the demos I received in 2007 and although it's been more than a year since their Passenger release, this unsigned (still?!?!) band's music refuses to age. Heartache and hope lead to success. Here's hoping to some new East Hundred in the near future.

East Hundred - "Plus Minus"


East Hundred - "Slow Burning Crimes"


Download "Plus minus"

Download "Slow Burning Crimes"

No comments:

Post a Comment