Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Video Grab Bag

Wow this post has a lotta grab for the bag. I thought about making this two posts, but eff it, go big or go home. I think Obama said that.

If you don't know Miike Snow by now, you need to jump on the bandwagon. They've remixed tracks by Passion Pit, Kings of Leon, and Vampire Weekend. They also released one of the BEST ALBUMS I'VE EVER HEARD in 2009 (yeah, I said it.) Here's the video for the song "Silvia" due for release January 25th.


These next 3 videos can be seen on ESPN. I could watch these "commercial" all day. Blitzen's (aka Lupe Fiasco's) flow is sick.


Santa (aka KRS-One) lends his skills to part 2.


The trifecta ends with Bobby ray (aka B.O.B.) shows the world who he is with his ESPN Bowl Week plug.


That's not it for video's yet. The King of Pop, Justin Timberlake (oops too soon?),and Timbaland give us a peek at their hilarious song "Carry Out".


Late of the Pier give us their new video for "Blueberry". Consider them the poor man's Animal Collective. (Sidenote: I just don't get Animal Collective and I don't see why the entire Internet thinks the band put out the greatest album ever. Don't get me wrong, Pink Floyd is my all-time favorite band ever. I like the out there psychedelic music a lot. All I need is a little rhythm and timing to get into a song, which is where you fail me, Animal Collective. I leave that for another post. I don't get you, AC, but Late of the Pier I get. And like a lot.


I'll end with the man due to blow up in 2010. Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson drops his video for "The Sound". His latest LP Summer of Fear, out on Saddle Creek, has gone virtually unnoticed, yet easily makes one of my top albums of the year.


The Whipping Post- Where Animal Collective is the new Radiohead.

1 comment:

  1. That BoBizzy guy made some good points about Radiohead!

    ReplyDelete