Monday, December 28, 2009

These Are My Readers....

I found this email in my inbox over Christmas and just had to share. One of the most genius tests of the century:

I was reading the post about Radiohead being overrated and surprisingly, I agreed. Shocker! When you ask someone which band they like/listen to most people they go "I don't know...I like Radiohead" and then the question asker goes "oh, yea, there good" and that's the end of the discussion. What I'm proposing is the RADIOHEAD TEST:

When you ask someone "what bands do you like?" or "what kind of music do you listen to?", if the person answers "Radiohead or TV on The radio or Animal collective" you are required to ask the follow up question "WHAT ELSE?" !!!! Because once the person gives you the fluff answer of the "OVERRATED BAND THAT NO ONE EVER QUESTIONS" they must now actually dig deep into their musical catalog and give an actual answer.

And when they think about their iTunes habits and realize Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA" has the most plays in their catalogue, they will probably just make up an answer like "Antelope Horsemen" and hope you assume its some hip indie band you've never heard of OR they will most likely do the shoulder shrug "ugh, i don't know, mostly everything...EXCEPT COUNTRY" routine.

This will prove that Radiohead is overrated...right?...hello?....still there?..right?
Obviously i haven't had time to put this theory to the test, but i guarantee it will work.

I for one, am putting this test into action starting today. Your taste in music warrants absolutely no respect if you claim Radiohead or Animal Collective as your favorite band and can't name more than one or two songs on any given album. POSER! When you can't name any other band within that genre? POSER! When your iTunes reflects the exact opposite of what you're telling me you're into? POSER!

The Whipping Post- Keeping things honest in a world full of hypocrites.

No comments:

Post a Comment