Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Gay Blades

Remember Rock N' Roll music? Think wayyyyyy back, I know it's hard. I'm talking guitar drivin, cymbal wailing, that unforgettable rock and roll howling voice. Needless to say, Kings Of Leon are leading the revival; but The Gay Blades aren't far behind. RCRDLBL calls it Trash Pop (whatever the hell that is), I just call it damn good. I recently came across the NYC drum and guitar duo's album, Ghosts, and I'm completely immersed in rock-god-goodness. "O Shot" (video below) sounds like something off an old Blakes' album except 100 times better. Find a better rock voice in today's music world than Clark Westfield's in "O Shot" and you can take an o-shot on me. It simply wont happen. "Bob Dylan's 115th Nightmare" has so much electricity I could feel myself front and center at their future arena rock tour. If my stereo volume went to 11, it would be there listening to these guys. I need to see this band live ASAP.


























The Whipping Post- Where Rihanna comes for consoling (wink). And by consoling I mean sex. And by wink I mean WINK WINK....

No comments:

Post a Comment