Thursday, September 27, 2007

Restaurant Week Regret

Here's a tip for The Prime Rib, on 17th and Locust....don't choose to participate in restaurant week if your staff plans on treating it's patrons like second hand citizens because they're there for the "cheap" meals. Isn't restaurant week supposed to be about happily letting those who normally wouldn't dine in your establishment a chance to see what you have to offer at a reasonable price?

Now, I have no problem with the food I ordered. As a matter of fact, I think I orgasmed when I took my first bite of my prime rib entree. However, I was under the impression that it came with two vegetables. But as I sat there, eagerly anticipating a hearty meal, I notice you hand me a plate with only prime rib and no vegetables. I, and the party of 6 that ate that night were given ONE saucer of mashed potatoes, that my grandmother could have eaten entirely on her own, to share amongst the table. Thank you, Prime Rib, for being so kind and letting me receive a nibble of mashed potatoes to go with my meal.

I also appreciate your wait staff eying my table up the entire time we were eating like we're plotting a dine-n-dash. I've never been hurried out of a restaurant so quickly after eating in my life. If you're establishment's goal by participating in Restaurant Week is to recruit new patrons, you are failing miserably. Your staff is disrespectful, pompous, and I never plan on stepping foot in there again. A tip for you folks at The Prime Rib....try to be a little more courteous the next time you're serving somebody; you never know if they write for a blog that nobody reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment