Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Newsies

FINALLY made it to a show on time last night! Girl Talk absolutely KILLED it last night. I can't praise Girl Talk enough and it's just something you have to see live to really appreciate. Straight up 2 hour sweaty dance-athons are never my thing, but when it comes to Girl Talk I have to make the exception.

To the one who openly girl-raped me on the stage last night: I was pretty cool with you grinding up on my shit at first, even a little excited because you're pretty cute. Then I looked into your eyes...or at least tried. They were completely rolled back in your head and it's clear you had no idea who the hell you were dancing with, let alone remember any part of the show last night. I feel sorry for girls like you who put yourselves out there for any douche bag guy to take advantage of at clubs, then wake up the next morning trying to remember "what happened last night" only to find out you were raped. Please be smarter and safer when going out.


GO SEE DRINK UP BUTTERCUP this Wednesday or next at the Fire. Their September residency is coming to an end.

ALSO GO SEE DESOTO JONES this Friday at the Khyber. It's nothing new in terms of instrumentation, but the writing is great. "Non Fiction" is single material and sounds like old Third Eye Blind with new Moses Mayfield. I can't wait to see these guys live, as they've been on my watch for good while. I don't know who the band knows at Radio 104.5 but they were getting plays like they owned the place earlier this summer. It's toned down a little since, which is nice because I don't have to hear the DJ's pump the band like they're the next Soul Asylum (lol). Nonetheless, a good radio-friendly band that with just a little tweaking and a better look could be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment