Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Oh Autovaughn



So rumor has it that the first unsigned band that I ever discovered and brought to labels' attentions, Autovaughn, is finishing up the details and will release their next album on a major label. I immediately fell in love with this band music the first time I heard it. Their Killers/80's throwback vibe has you up and dancing one minute and swaying melodramatically the next. I really enjoy this bands sound, as mainstream as it is. It's just pristine to hear live, with some of the best backup vocals I've ever heard. Their album "Space" was one of my top albums last year, and I'm sure that a few of the tracks will end up on their major label debut. "One More Time" is the obvious debut single, cheesy guitar solo included. I wish nothing but the best for Autovaughn.




This certain major label on the other hand....I have a bone to pick with you. I hand this band to you on a silver platter in May and you take small, although relative, interest. As an intern I tell you that if there was one band out there right now that I could sign, it would be Autovaughn. You seem to take me less than seriously when I tell you that if you don't act accordingly, someone else will. I proceed to finish interning and you go behind my back to sign these guys and cut me out completely? I know for a fact I was the first person to bring these guys to you, and had it not been for me acting early, you would have never gotten the chance to sign them. A little appreciation would be great; hell even a little fucking acknowledgement would be nice. I see how you guys work and I can guarantee that you'll be getting nothing from me in the future except maybe a swift kick in the balls.






Work has me going to Vegas tomorrow through Sunday, which should be a shit show. The legal prostitution should have my nights pretty much tied up, but I'll be on the lookout for some good local bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment