Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's been a while since I've updated and that should not be tolerated. Forgive me for the recent absence, but Vegas decided it would be a good idea to steal all of my money and point and laugh on upon my exit. Thanks, Luxor, for the $100 bar comp that left me even more depressed after losing. You sure know how to cheer a guy up!

Anyway, thanks to one of my readers for getting me obsessed, at least for this week, with East Hundred. Obviously, anytime a beautiful young woman works the vocals the way Beryl does, I fall in love and can't get enough. The perfect music for a dreary day such as today. Check them out live at The Fire on Halloween night. Just don't count me in... Me + North Philly + Halloween Night = one scared little boy. I'll wait and check them out 2 weeks later at North Star.

The reason I cancelled my subscription to Rolling Stone: Apparently a low cost of living and diversity are the reasons Philadelphia has a thriving music scene. OK guys, it's bad enough that 70% of your magazine is made up of ads and political shit; but when you start trying to correlate low rent with how music I must draw the line. Rolling Stone has been on the decline for a couple of years now. There are more gossip columns and fashion spreads than ever before and their review section is so out of whack it makes my head hurt. I'll stick to Spin and Alternative Press for my music literature from now on, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment