Thursday, December 16, 2010

Two-A-Days: Thee Oh Sees and Body Language


Thee Oh Sees aren't exactly new by our culture's internet music standards, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve a feature. I was picking through YANP the other day and he turned me on to this San Fransisco 4 piece. Twenty seconds in, I thought I was listening to some old Black Keys demo, but then out of nowhere these reverb heavy, 60's psych style vocals come shouting out and it's incredible. I'm getting more of this in my life ASAP. Listen to "Tidal Wave" below:

Thee Oh Sees - "Tidal Wave"


Thee Oh Sees - "Tidal Wave"


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I wish I could hate on Brooklyn but I can't. Too many damn good indie rock dance bands and here comes another one. Body Language produce some seriously danceable grooves and they've been kind enough to give us their EP, Social Studies, FO' FREE! over at their bandcamp. "You Can" has touches or Passion Pit and Savoir Adore, and just listen to how that bass line on "Falling Out" transitions from 70's funky to electronic dance oh so effortlessly. Hopefully these guys make it down to D.C. in the near future. Listen below and grab the EP.

Body Language - "You Can"


Body Language - "Falling Out"


No comments:

Post a Comment