Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Music For Your Ass

Madelyn is a pop/rock band from Florida and their song "Mind Over Me" has been stuck on repeat on my iPod for about a month now.

Throughout the past 2 years, Madelyn has written and recorded a full length album as well as their new four-song ep along with a new batch of tunes off their upcoming full length and landed opening slots for several national acts. Madelyn was also named MTVu's "Artist of the Week," and won the 2006 Vans Warped Tour "Battle of the Bands."


If you're looking for me to tell you who these guys sound like, I guess I would call "Mind Over Me" a good attempt at Innerpartysystem. Just a little lighter and feel-good. All I've heard is what's on Madelyn's Myspace page, but that's enough to intrigue me. I'll be keeping an eye on these guys. On a side note, I've been finding a ton of great music based in Florida recently and plan on sharing more in the coming weeks.




Keeping you dancing for at least another night,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment