Monday, March 10, 2008

A Kick Ass Band With A Drummer Who Is Also The Lead Singer And Their Name Is Not Rush

I feel the need to share some of my favorite new music with you this Monday morning. Think drummer/lead singer. Think Alberta, Canada (the new hot spot for music). Think of an Autovaughn-esque sound. Yeah, it's pretty damn good. Parachute Penguin is the band I'm speaking of. This indie rock/new wave sounding three piece have only been around for a hot minute, but have already recorded a five song EP with enormous potential. Steve Virga's carefully crafted lead vocals soar above the music and Matt Kokotilo's guitar work is pop rock at it's finest. Light and airy, not overpowering, but kicking it up a notch when it's necessary. Not to be outdone, brother Jon Kokotilo's backing vocals are some of the best I've ever heard. Backup vocals often go unnoticed in bands, but Jon's stand out because of just how well they match up with Matt's lead. These guys are poised for a big breakout. It's just a matter of time before everyone knows who they are. Let's hope for a tour sometime soon from these guys as well as more music. Although, I could probably listen to this EP for the next year and never get tired of it.

Key Myspace Tracks: "Stray Bullets" "Death By Train"

-Josh

2 comments:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your band sucks sound like a gay franz ferdinand

    ReplyDelete