Friday, August 6, 2010

Weekend Warriors

The weekend has officially arrived and barring another apocalyptic sky terror like last night, I've got a lot going on.

Friday evening will send me on my first trip to the Jazz in the Garden series at the Sculpture Garden 5:30-8:00. Grab a blanket, bottle of wine, and some good company to watch some sweet jazz guitar. From there, it's off to someplace a little more upbeat. 80's Prom Night at Black Cat, DJ'd by D.C. staple, Lil' E. Grab your best Dumb and Dumber tux and reminisce the sounds of David Bowie, Duran Duran, and Depeche Mode.
Saturday will be an early morning as I head over to Mi Tierra Farmers Market to indulge in some mega cheap cheap hangover cures. Authentic Latin American tacos, empanadas, and pollo guisado made right in front of you for a price you'd expect to pay in Mexico, not downtown D.C.! After stuffing my face, it's time to go a little out of my way and hit FREE SWEETFLOW on 25th and Pennsylvania. They promise more than just free frozen yogurt too, so get there early! A 2pm viewing of Inception (yes, I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen it yet) will get me out of the debilitating afternoon heat, and dinner at District ChopHouse will end my day.

While I'd like nothing more than to sip mimosas on a Sunday morning and people watch, there's too much going on! U Street Dog Days offers a massive sidewalk sale with HUGE discounts from all the independent boutiques and FREE samples from a ton of restaurants. My weekend finishes off at the American Indian museum, where they will be hosting an Iron Chef Cookoff from 3-5pm. As a culinary reality show junkie, there's no way I can miss out on 2 chefs battling head-to-head for an hour, cooking 6 dishes. While at the museum I'm going to check out the last day of the Brian Jungen exhibit. This stuff is crazy!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE ALL OF THIS! Especially SweetFlow fo' Free!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete